Both CBD vapes and CBD flower has gained immense popularity in the world of cannabis leaving a large number of people feeling curious about which of them is best suited to their requirements. After all, both of them are fast-acting and safe ways of basking in CBD goodness. However, they both bring different properties to the table that we shall discuss in depth today. The choice you make between CBD vapes or CBD flowers is completely a matter of preference. You might either develop a soft spot for one form of CBD over the other or opt for both of them. Keep on reading to learn about the differences between CBD vape and CBD flower.
CBD vapes are discreet and convenient to use. Since they don’t have any smell, they won’t attract attention in an apartment community. You can use them with the smallest vaping devices and carry them wherever you go. These vape cartridges come filled and ready to use. You won’t have to grind anything before vaping or cleaning up once you are done. By just connecting the cartridge to your device, you can engage in a vaping session. A full-spectrum vape will produce effects similar to a CBD flower, sans the odor or the effort taken to prepare the smoke. A vape pen or mod designed for e-liquid vaping is required if you want to use CBD vape cartridges.
- CBD vape pens can be used on the go. They don’t require any preparation time. You can get on with your day by simply putting your vape pen in your purse or pocket.
- The preparation of a CBD vape is a mess-free process. You can elevate your mood by simply pulling out your pen and taking a few puffs without any fuss.
- Terpenes impart color, flavor, and aroma to plants. They also impact the effects felt on inhaling or ingesting them. Limonene produces a citrusy smell and flavor which is why it is used extensively in aromatherapy sensation. Cannabis is more concentrated than most terpenes and the CBD vapes bank on them alongside other botanically-derived terpenes to create specific effects. This process of making distillate is more exact and controlled compared to using CBD flowers.
- The mild flavor of CBD vapes isn’t as harsh as CBD flower and can be inhaled easily. On getting a full spectrum CBD vape curated from an artisan-crafted CBD hemp flower, you won’t experience as much throat burn and less skunk in its taste.
- CBD vapes are heavier on the wallet compared to CBD flowers. However, they last longer as CBD distillate is more potent than CBD flower. Specialized packaging imparts them a higher shelf life alongside its active ingredients that take longer to degrade.
- Often CBD brands add vegetable glycerine, propylene glycol, or more dangerous cutting agents like vitamin E acetate to their CBD vape pens. While this adds to their cost, the lower-cost ones are both unpleasant to use and tag along with grievous health concerns. You should make it a point to buy CBD vape pens from brands using only CBD distillate derived from organically-grown hemp without any additional fillers. Enquire whether the seller has tested the product for unwanted contaminants before buying the product.
If you like the ritual of preparing your CBD flower to smoke and prefer the earthy flavor of natural cannabis, then CBD flower might serve as your perfect choice. CBD flower being a whole cannabis product offers the full entourage effect on being vaped or smoked. Other than CBD, you will also be getting minor cannabinoids and the plant’s terpene making it more effective than CBD vape cartridges. For vaping a whole CBD flower, you will require a dry herb vaporizer that heats the herbs until their active compounds vaporize. These compounds are then absorbed by inhaling the vapor. Alternatively, the CBD flower can be used by rolling and smoking it like any other form of cannabis.
- CBD flower has a prolonged preparation time involving grinding, rolling, and packing it into a pipe to smoke. This is why many people opt for CBD pens which can usher convenience to your vaping sessions. However, if you are a vaping aficionado, then you are bound to enjoy the time taken to appreciate the task of preparation.
- Hemp flower carries natural terpenes and cannabinoids. On being properly dried and cured, the CBD flower remains potent and closer to its natural state. You should get your CBD flower from a reputable company that levies adequate attention to the post-harvest process like cultivation.
- With a CBD flower, you will be getting a whole plant product that doesn’t contain any potentially dangerous ingredients like Vitamin E. The safety profile of smoking or vaping CBD flower is similar to that of any other form of cannabis.
- CBD flower carries a pungent odor and flavor which might be a deal-breaker for some. The best CBD flowers aren’t very overwhelming. However, it still tastes and smells stronger than that of vapes. Burning CBD flower produces a lot of smoke and an unmistakable odor.
- CBD flower has stringent storage requirements for preserving its potency. With time, the plant material will get dried up thus degrading the cannabinoids and terpenes which impart a unique taste and feel to the CBD flower. You can preserve the CBD for as long as possible by storing it in an airtight container.
Vaping has been considered a popular way of consuming CBD since the time CBD emerged as the dark horse of the supplement industry. Pre-filled vape cartridges and e-liquids have been the only CBD vaping products you could expect from CBD sellers. However, currently, they have started to offer a variety of CBD products such as CBD hemp flower for smoking or vaping. If you are considering buying CBD flower or CBD vape, then you need to properly understand their differences to take an informed call. Whether you are a CBD or hemp connoisseur or getting started with CBD, if you are unsure of which CBD format is best for you, you should give both a try.